Here are the fluxed pieces before putting them in the kiln:
And here's the metal after taking it out of the kiln. The temp had gone down a bit when the door opened, so that might explain why the solder didn't flow, but it still oxidized like crazy!! This will take ages to pickle and I think the experiment totally failed.
This was the result. I think maybe they should have stayed in a bit longer, but I was worried they'd overheat so I didn't want to risk it.
Then to experiment some more, I torch fired (from below) one of the disks and the enamel melted a bit more and the finish became more even.
So that was what I've been working on today. Just some fun stuff to give my mind a break. Actually since the photos took so long to load, I went back into the studio and did some real work for another hour or so and made some copper flowers. So overall its been a pretty productive day.
Check out the awesome artists below and see what they are working on.
- Esmeralda http://jewelry-by-silverblueberry.blogspot.com/
- Happy Tortoise Designs http://www.happytortoisedesigns.blogspot.com/
- Crow Steals Fire http://crowstealsfire.blogspot.com/
- Contemporary Jewelry by Beatriz Fortes http://cjbf.blogspot.com/
- steph http://stephstargell.com
- Jessica @ Abella Blue http://www.abellablue.com/blog
- Pennee- All Wired Up Jewelry Designs http://www.allwiredupjewelrydesigns.blogspot.com/
- Sylvia Anderson http://www.sylviaanderson.blogspot.com/
- Stacy http://www.formandfunktionaccessories.blogspot.com/
- Mary Anne Karren http://silverpearlmetalworks.wordpress.com/
- Brightstar109 www.brightstar109.blogspot.com
- Amy Nicole Artisan Jewelry Http://Rubymtnbeads.blogspot.com
- Resurrection Silver http://www.resurrectionsilver.blogspot.com
- Kwant Essentials http://kwantessentials.blogspot.com/2011/07/show-and-tell-from-start-to-finish.html
- Kit and Caboodle Shop http://thisartistsjourney.blogspot.com
- Lilian http://www.girllovesglitter.blogspot.com/
- Autumn Bradley Jewelry Design http://www.autumnbradley.blogspot.com