Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Collection Preview





So this is a collection I've had in the back of my mind for a few years now. Basically I've wanted to do it since I first started metalsmithing, but needed to improve my skill first. I have been super busy making molds of all the pieces, shooting waxes, and now finally, last night I finished the first round of casting. I'm super super happy with the results. 3 flasks turned out perfect, ones a bit iffy, but still ok.

As you can see from the pink waxes, all these castings were made from molds, so the environmental impact is minimal. The best thing about molds is that with one original, I can make hundreds of similar castings, I want to make this collection as green as possible by using only recycled metal and if possible, fair trade stones.

1 comment:

gloria said...

Those look really good!